Over the past years, businesses have adopted QR codes to make their process seamless, but the use of QR codes escalated quickly after the Covid-19 pandemic which limited human interaction and this ultimately affected businesses. You may have been asked to scan a QR code with your smartphone to see the restaurant’s menu if you’ve lately gone out to dinner. QR codes are being used to make contactless payments. Quick Response Code, an image-based internet shortcut, has become a popular tool for improving client experiences, from ordering to contactless payments and product information. Several versions now exist and can be customized to serve different purposes.
How to Implement QR Codes in Your Business
The ideal way to use QR codes will most likely depend on your sector. For instance, food and beverage businesses can use QR codes to facilitate customer ordering, whereas retail outlets can generate them to support contactless checkout for sales.
Here are three QR code ideas to get you started:
Improve the overall consumer experience: QR codes can also help customers have a better shopping experience. QR codes can also connect customers to websites that provide information about the product’s history or the originator or founder. Furthermore, businesses can further personalize the purchasing experience by making it simple for customers to acquire product information, reviews, price comparisons, and recommendations.
Make payments more secure: The COVID-19 pandemic made everyone concerned about their safety. By avoiding interaction, QR codes help to protect both customers and your employees. Buyers can use their mobile device to scan a code and pay their charge. Restaurant and store employees would not have to handle credit cards or currency notes.
Make touch-free menus available: Customers can use QR codes to navigate to a contactless online menu and order directly from their phone. They also enable restaurants to adjust menu items in real time based on availability and pricing.
3 use cases of a QR Code
Customers are anticipating more touch-free ways to complete their purchases as more shops open. Today, as a business owner, you can easily generate a QR code on Loystar which enables you to take payments and eliminate customer-staff interaction.
- Use Loystar POS to accept contactless payments in-person
What it does: Allows consumers to use their phone to scan and pay at your Loystar POS for a touch-free payment solution.
Who can use it: Any type of business that conducts in-person sales.
How it works:
– Launch the Loystar Point of Sale application.
– Add item(s) to cart or enter any amount and go to checkout.
– When you select the Pay with QR code option, a QR code will appear on your screen.
– When a customer scans the QR code, they are routed to a basic checkout page where payments can be made
- Loystar can be used to provide contactless Self-Serve Ordering
What it does: Allows your customers to find your menu-offerings, place orders and pay while using a QR code.
Who can use it: For full-service and quick-service restaurants
How it works:
– Launch the Loystar Point of Sale application
– Add/Update your menu options, then produce and print QR codes for signs, tables, or anywhere you want customers to order.
– Customers may access your menu by scanning the QR code. They can then:
Choose your items and modifiers.
Include any special demands.
Put in their order and make payments
– Orders are automatically transferred to your POS for processing
- Make use of quick barcoding system
What it does: Your staff can improve long-standing queues by employing a quick barcoding reading system, like what is available on Loystar.
Who can use it: Anyone who is selling products, providing a specific service, or collecting donations
How it works:
– Add your products to your Loystar account
– Create a product tag and attach to each product you are offering
– Print the barcodes
The QR code is an integral aspect of today’s retail and restaurant operations, giving customers active methods to remain safe and engage with companies. They may also assist you in providing the types of experiences that your clients desire. In other words, QR codes make it simple for customers to interact with your business by just opening their smartphone’s camera app.